Christmas and Holiday Assistance Registration
UPDATE: HOLIDAY ASSISTANCE SIGN UP DATE ADDED! TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14 FROM 9am-3pm
The Salvation Army Thanksgiving and Christmas Assistance 2017
WHO do we help?
- Households within Grand Traverse & Leelanau Counties only.
- Households that have not applied for holiday assistance elsewhere.
WHAT assistance is available?
- Thanksgiving or Christmas Food Basket
- Christmas Toy Shop (children ages 0-17)
- Adopt-a-Teen Program
- Gifts for Teens 13-17 provided by sponsors from the community
- A “Wish List” of reasonable gift suggestions is given by you
WHEN can I apply? WE HAVE ADDED ONE FINAL SIGN UP DAY - Tuesday, November 14 from 9am - 3pm
Thursday, November 2 - 9am – 11am and 12 – 4pm Saturday, November 4 - 9am - 2pm Tuesday, November 7 - 9am – 11am and 12 – 4pm
WHERE can I apply?
- The Salvation Army - 1239 Barlow Street, Traverse City MI, 49686
- Call (231) 946-4644 with questions
HOW do I qualify for assistance?
Bring the following with you to apply:
- Picture ID for all household members ages 18 and up is required.
- Proof of current physical address.
- One ID for EACH child being registered that shows their date of birth (Medicaid Card, Birth Certificate, Shot Record, or School Record).
- Verification of Income:
- Verification of income is required; it must display all household income for last 30 days. (Paystubs – if no income DHHS award letters)
- Tax forms or a bank statement is accepted to verify the income for the self-employed
- Families up to the 150 percentile of the 2016 federal poverty level are eligible for assistance.
Applications are available by download, may be picked up prior to registration at The Salvation Army 1239 Barlow St. Traverse City or on the day of registration. You must have the above documentation at time of sign up or you WILL NOT BE REGISTERED at that time.
Click here to download a 2017 Holiday Assistance Application
For additional information please call 231.946.4644.
Click here for additional Thanksgiving and Christmas program information and how you can get involved.